Search the community

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Yvonne Fourie
    Participant

Hi Coaches,

I am currently working in a part-time contract position in the film industry but I’m seeking a fulltime position with more opportunity for future professional connections. I got approached by a company who interviewed me for a previous position which I didn't get, but they told me I’d be suitable for a new position that they're filling internally. I gave an excited response (it could very much lead to my dream job) and the response back was that they’ll be in touch soon. It’s been two days and I haven’t heard yet. What’s the protocol around following up? I don’t want to irritate them but I would like to know what's going on and reinforce my interest. What would the best course of action be?

Margien Matthews
    Keymaster

Hi there and that’s an exciting development in your job search! It’s very acceptable to follow up with a friendly enquiry after 48 hours. If you get no response, follow up via email in another 48 hours and change the angle of your enquiry slightly, for example by attaching your CV again for their convenience. If everything is still dead quiet after that, I suggest a final phone call a week later with a direct question, asking if the position is still open and if you are being considered for the position. If you don’t have a contact number, then an email will have to do. I wish you much success and hope you hear from them soon!

Yvonne Fourie
    Participant

Hi Margien
    Thank you for your opinion and insight! I will keep this in mind and keep in constant contact with them.
    Much appreciated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.