Search the community

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Margien Matthews
    Keymaster

A member asked me a tough question this week. She got to Day 21, Power Lifting, and realised that some-one with a lot of power in her organisation (position power, expert power and reward power) constantly opposes what she does. Because of their power, she's wondering if she'll ever get anywhere in this company. I asked her the following questions:
    1. Do you know this opinion to be true (that this person always opposes you)? Or do you have any examples where you had their support? In other words, is this assumption correct or is it a barrier in your mind only?
    2. Using the DISC model, what type of person are they? Very different to you or are there similarities? What type of communication style would work with this person?
    3. Do you have any common goals? If so, how can you demonstrate that you are working for the same thing and in the same direction?
    Together we worked out a strategy that she'll be using in the next month to change this situation. I look forward to checking in with her and finding out how this works out!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.