Search the community

Home Forums Career advice What's a reasonable job search target?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Margien Matthews
    Keymaster

A member with many years of sales experience is currently in the market for a new job. After a failed business venture he's worked hard on building up his confidence. He's looking to get back into direct sales, where he's spent most of his career and which he knows he's good at.

He asked me what a reasonable target was with regard to submitting CV's. Well, the more CV's you submit, the greater your chances. But it's no use just submitting CV's for the heck of it. It's far better to target ten suitable jobs a week than 50 "possible" jobs.

Together we had a look at how many suitable opportunities arise on a weekly basis. Taking this into account, he's set himself the aim of no less than 2 applications a day. He's going to do this first thing every morning, and then follow this up with some self-study that he's undertaking to increase his skills. When it comes to Friday, he needs to have met his target of 10 applications that week.

He's also set himself the target of reaching out to five contacts a week (one a day) who may be able to assist him or link him with others to support his job search efforts.

I'm sure you join me in wishing him all the best in finding the right opportunity, soon.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.